Individuals participating in a neuropsychological evaluation can expect the following structure of service delivery:
- An initial interview during which a history of the individual’s functioning is obtained (2-3 hours)
- Completion of a variety of questionnaires/rating scales by parents and teachers (if applicable)
- Two days of neuropsychological testing
- Testing length varies for each day depending upon performance
- Dr. Chok will select neuropsychological tests based upon the referral question; in addition, other tests may be added into the battery based upon observations and performance during the assessment
- A debriefing session after the testing is complete and the report has been written (2-3 hours). During this time, a review of the individual’s performance will be discussed along with recommendations for next steps.